- Her novel Balconies was awarded Honorable Mention in the 2011-2012 Deep River Books Writer's Contest.
- In July 2014, her flash fiction piece, Walls, won second place in the 2nd Annual Faith Radio Writers Contest.
- Walls was also published in Splickety Prime, released on September 19, 2014. Read it here.
- In June 2015, her nonfiction piece, Charlie, was a winner in the 3rd Annual Faith Radio Writers Contest. Read it here.
- On October 19, 2016, her blog installment, "The bus ride", was published on streets.mn under the title, "A Miraculous North Minneapolis Bus Ride."
- Finished was published in The Lutheran Ambassador (Vol. 55, no. 4) in April 2017. Read it here.
- She spoke at the Set Apart women's conference at the University of Northwestern on March 9 & 10, 2018. Her presentation was based on her blog and entitled, "My Blonde Life in the Hood: Finding God's Security in Unsafe Places."
- At the University of Northwestern's writers conference on July 14, 2018, she was awarded Bethany House Publisher's Aspiring Author Award for her piece, Sounds. Read it here.